Adult Day Clubs
Memory loss and chronic health conditions can create significant challenges to outside interaction. Institute on Aging offers two Adult Day Club sites to help seniors connect with others and enjoy the benefits of socialization and supervised activity.
- “I moved in with my mother when she was diagnosed with dementia—but I still work. How can I keep her safe and engaged during the day?”
Institute on Aging Day Clubs at both Irene Swindells and Ruth Ann Rosenberg Centers in SF offer fun, engaging programs for individuals struggling with conditions that limit their ability to participate in community activities. Members include people in both early and later stages of memory loss as well as those who are physically frail. The Clubs offer a variety of innovative activities designed to enhance cognitive, physical and social functioning in a safe, supportive and caring environment.
- Daily group exercises
- Intellectual stimulation
- Creative activities encouraging individual expression
- Door-to-door transportation to and from the facility
- Individualized care plans
- Home-style meals made with fresh ingredients, including lunch and 2 snacks
- Assistance with toileting, walking and feeding if needed
- Support and education for families and caregivers
- Information and referral services
- Flexible schedules offering attendance from two to five days per week
- Drop-In Day Care for families needing occasional respite and support
Our Clubs provide a safe, compassionate place for adults to spend a few days each week outside the home. The Clubs also offer an opportunity for loved ones to continue their daily routines, including maintaining a career and balancing care with personal time.
“The Club gives me great peace of mind, allowing me to continue to work and providing respite from Rich's Alzheimer’s. It’s very special place with very special staff.”
— Linda, Spouse, Institute on Aging Day Club Member
How do I get started?
Simply call Institute on Aging Connect at 415.750.4111. Our dedicated Client Service Specialists are ready to help.